Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to turn off the feature showing folder details when mouse cursor hovers over it

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to turn off the feature showing folder details when mouse cursor hovers over it

Kubuntu 20.04

How can one turn off the display of folder properties when the mouse hovers over a folder?

For 99% of the time, I do not need to see a folder’s property or details in a dialogue box that opens over and covers the folders view, when I point the mouse to a folder. I am quite happy to right click and choose (folder) properties to see this information, if I need it.

I have looked in the general settings and also configuration settings of Dolphin, but cannot find the answer.
    In the settings under input devices there is no advanced settings for the mouse and the general settings does not show any control for this purpose.

Its under "Show Panels" or press F11.

Comment

Thank you, but show panels or F11 is a different view. It shows the panel on the side of the folder window.

I like to turn off the pop-up window that opens with folder details when the cursor hovers over a folder. This is not controlled by F11.

Comment

In Dolphin's settings, in General >> Behavior > Miscellaneous un-check the 'Show Tooltips option.

Comment

Thanks so much claydoh - solved the problem

Comment

Working...
          X