Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Errors] WiFi network connection problem - repetitive and continuous password prompt

I am unable to connect to my (home) WiFi network. I used it earlier without any problems but overnight the problem has started and is persisting. I have done the following:
    • Reboot
    • Remove home WiFi network and add it again.
    • Manually added WiFi network manually using BSSID.
    • Saved password in plaintext (for all users.)
    • Prompted for password every time.
    • Reboot my home WiFi router.
    • Checked home directory's permission and ensured it is myusername.myusername.

Yet, I am unable to connect to my home WiFi (which uses WPA2-PSK.) I am able to connect to another WiFi network (without password one.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Did you recently change your login (to your user) password? If so, try opening KWalletManager and changing the wallet's password to your new password (so it automatically unlocks on login).

Can you connect to other password protected WiFis (e.g. phone hotspot)? If you can connect, try to reboot after and check if it can still connect.

Btw, as a sidebar, concerning the wallet/keyring deal. With GNOME applications, you will be using GNOME keyring, not KDE Wallet. `seahorse` is a good GUI manager for that. With GNOME, only the `Login` keyring is unlocked at login if the password is the same as your login password.

Comment

Working...
    X