Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible taskbar prevents application screens resizing to full screen size.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Monitors] Invisible taskbar prevents application screens resizing to full screen size.

I’ve been using Kubuntu 19.10 for a couple of weeks on my laptop with an additional screen connected to the laptop’s VGA port. This has been working very good, but this morning I decided to switch my main display from the external one to my laptop display. This, as expected from earlier kubuntu versions I used, moves the taskbar to my laptop screen and removes it from my external VGA screen.

However, when trying to resize application windows to full screen on my external screen, the window stops at the place where my taskbar used to be. Leaving an empty space that can only be filled up when I resize my application windows manually. I've create a screenshot of the entire screen space of my external display. Please note the bottom part where my taskbar used to be (the taskbar is now at my laptop display). Apparently automatically resizing application windows to full-size will make them think that the taskbar is still there on my external screen.

The screenshot can be found here: https://imgur.com/4urL1kC

I've already tried to remove the .kde folder from my home dir in an attempt to reset my desktop settings, but this didn't help unfortunately. I also noticed that resizing the taskbar with the "configure panel" option also resize the invisible taskbar on my external screen to exactly the same size.

Some info about my setup:

Kubuntu version: Kubuntu 19.10, installed directly on my laptop, no Windows or VMs involved.
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.16.5
    Processor: 4 x Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 ghz
    Memory: 7.6 GiB RAM
    Graphics: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] (rev 07) and 01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM108M [GeForce 940M] (rev a2).

Some advice about how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated
Working...
X