This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to disable HDMI audio

3 days ago i did a fresh install of kubuntu 19.10 and right out of the gate it wanted to use the hdmi audio over the audio built into the motherboard. i figured no big deal i'll just change the default like i did in 19.04. problem is 19.10 has reverted back to using the hdmi 3 times now. what i'd like to know is how to permanently disable the hdmi audio so the system has no choice but to use the builtin audio? thanks

@hear 19.10 seams a bit quirky in some things , install "pavucontrol-qt" , open it go to the configuration tab and uncheck the radio button to the left of it's profile , that should disable it .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

System Settings -> Audio - Advanced. This panel lets you change the modes for your sound cards. Here you can disable the HDMI audio by picking the profile "Off" for the device
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

@sithlord48 thanks worked perfectly.

asked the same question on linkuquestions and the asswipes banned me cause i'm using browsec. couldn't be bothered to find out i'm not a spammer.
        Last edited by Grave Digger; Nov 02, 2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

We are the best support forum
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
            System Settings -> Audio - Advanced. This panel lets you change the modes for your sound cards. Here you can disable the HDMI audio by picking the profile "Off" for the device
            Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
            @sithlord48 thanks worked perfectly.

asked the same question on linkuquestions and the asswipes banned me cause i'm using browsec. couldn't be bothered to find out i'm not a spammer.
            I figured you had tried that one already since you seamed to have been playing with the default settings module already , so gave you one alternative , my bad for assuming

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

vinny no big deal. never though for a second that you assumed. just figured that's the way you go about it. i simple chose the other solution cause i simple missed seeing the advance tab for some reason. when i was running mint i did not hesitate to install all the pulse audio apps and components.

Comment

Working...
              X