This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digging 19.04

Yes the pun was intended considering my username. I've had Kubuntu 19.04 up and running for several months now and just tested out the plasma 5.16.9 beta and would like to update it to the official 5.18 release. Are there any tutorials on doing so? thanks

5.18 is not out yet, 5.17 was just recently released.
    It is not out yet for 19.04 in any PPAs (it only has until December before Disco reaches End of Life), but if it makes it to 19.04, it should be in the Backports PPA.

You *should* just need to add this PPA, and it should update to the newer, non-beta Plasma version, then you can remove/disable the Beta PPA.

Comment

never asked a about 5.18. as for 5.17 i know it just came out, just wanted to know if their was a way to add it to 19.04. thanks

Comment

you did say 5.18
        would like to update it to the official 5.18 release
        But an any case, adding the PPA I mentioned will do it, when/if 5.17 is built for Kubuntu 19.04

The 'if' situation is due to the short life span left for 19.04, though they likely will release packages for it.

The other option to get 5.17 right now is to install/upgrade to 19.10, and add the same PPA I mentioned above.
        Last edited by claydoh; Oct 27, 2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

thanks, now what is going on with settings? can edit profile or go into general settings? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
            thanks, now what is going on with settings? can edit profile or go into general settings? thanks
            You need a minimum number of posts to be able to edit the profile, I *think* it is three, but may be five. Not sure about the settings page, what is happening or what are you seeing?

Comment

looks like all's good now. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X