This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Headphones and Mic in Kubuntu 18.04

Hello everyone. Installed Kubuntu recently. I also have a pair of Sony MDR XB950B1. I use these with my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y7000P). The headphones can be used with an aux cable or with the bluetooth. I usually use the aux cable. Recently I had to record some videos, and in windows(I run a dual boot setup), it usually uses the mic that's in the headphones. But in Kubuntu, it's using the pre built mic in the laptop, which is pretty far from where I sit and I can't record audio properly. I went to the settings for the audio input, and it has two options. One that says Internal Microphone and the other says Microphone(Unplugged).

Changing it to the second option doesn't change anything and it still uses the inbuilt mic and does not recognise the headphones' mic.

I then thought maybe using the bluetooth might change it. So I paired it with the computer. But then, any audio ouput is coming from the laptop's speakers instead of the headphones. But I still hear the blip sound when you adjust the volume in the headphones. But any sound except for that is coming from the computer's speakers and not the headphones. And the mic issue is still the same. I really need to record some videos and I just can't seem to get good audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X