Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Graphics] Graphics glitches when switching user accounts or waking from sleep

Hello. I've been encountering strange graphics glitches when I switch user accounts (start a parallel session as a different user), or re-active the computer after waking from sleep (suspend to RAM). For example, the control panel window was completely messed up, text under icons is messed up, the clock in the lower right doesn't show up at all or is frozen. And when switching between users, the screen where I am prompted for the password is messed up in various ways, but is still usable. Here's an example screenshot:

https://imgur.com/STNSh8x

It is still usable. I can still switch users and in the case of the control panel, if I close and re-open it it will work. I did use the driver manager to install the "NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-430 (Recommended Driver)" and rebooted.

Here's the lspci output for my graphics card:

Code:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] (rev a1)
    01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
    And the output of `lsmod | grep nvidia`:

Code:
    nvidia_uvm            819200  0
    nvidia_drm             45056  7
    nvidia_modeset       1110016  30 nvidia_drm
    nvidia              18792448  1423 nvidia_uvm,nvidia_modeset
    drm_kms_helper        172032  1 nvidia_drm
    drm                   401408  10 drm_kms_helper,nvidia_drm
    ipmi_msghandler        53248  2 ipmi_devintf,nvidia
    Thanks.
Working...
X