X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cant go wireless!!

Hi
    Any1 help on installing my wireless card? Have spent the last 2 months tryin 2 understand kubuntu, ndiswrapper, konsole, .inf files etc but am losin my patience. Plus i feel like an idiot. Really wanna learn linux an eventually go windows free but even after all my trouble with winxp, at least i cud install stuff etc. I have posted this question b4 but not 1 response 2 help wiv it. Any experienced users can talk me through it in easy terms?
    Nice1
    Nova

Re: Just cant go wireless!!

do you know what type of chip is in your wireless card? if it is an atheros chip you can install KNetworkManager and use it to configure your settings. to install KNetworkManager: Kmenu -> System->Adept (package manager). enter knetworkmanager in the search field and click the blue arrow beside the file name and then click request install button then click apply changes button at the top of the screen. if you have another chip in your wireless card you will have to use ndiswrapper to load the windows driver in a form kubuntu can use. i haven't had to use ndiswrapper so can't help you there. a great resource i found is: http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper it is based on ubuntu (gnome) but can be applied to kubuntu (kde). also think about installing automatix -- it will install alot of things automatically for you. you can install automatix with adept also.
    good luck and keep working at it - read the forums, wikis and google what you need help with.

Comment

Working...
    X