This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] Unable access Kubuntu after lock screen

This is my first foray into Linux , after coming from Apple based operating systems.

Any way I was running Kubuntu 19.04 Dingo Disco or whatever it is called and I was rather impressed with the feel and ease of which I was able to tweak things to my liking. Then I tried CTRL + L to lock screen and that started a series of problems. Firstly I just couldn't find key strokes, shortcuts or any other way to log back in. I turned the PC off and haven't used for a few days.

Today on starting the screen boots up with a black screen and a picture of a keyboard (US ENGLISH) I hit return and it takes me to a session logon page and asks for password. I put it in and what do I get? nothing? I have tried to boot up in safe / recovery mode but nothing works

Any help would be appreciated. I had to log on to elementary to access this forum. But I do want to go back to the version I was running. it must be a known bug surely?

Will supply screen shots or error messages if I can capture them on phone camera

When you are typing in your pwd, do you see dots as you type, or does the pwd field remain blank? If you do see dots as you type, make sure that you are typing in the pwd correctly. Pwd's are case sensitive. Ensure that CAPS LOCK isn't on.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyrod View Post
      This is my first foray into Linux , after coming from Apple based operating systems.

Any way I was running Kubuntu 19.04 Dingo Disco or whatever it is called and I was rather impressed with the feel and ease of which I was able to tweak things to my liking. Then I tried CTRL + L to lock screen and that started a series of problems. Firstly I just couldn't find key strokes, shortcuts or any other way to log back in. I turned the PC off and haven't used for a few days.

Today on starting the screen boots up with a black screen and a picture of a keyboard (US ENGLISH) I hit return and it takes me to a session logon page and asks for password. I put it in and what do I get? nothing? I have tried to boot up in safe / recovery mode but nothing works

Any help would be appreciated. I had to log on to elementary to access this forum. But I do want to go back to the version I was running. it must be a known bug surely?

Will supply screen shots or error messages if I can capture them on phone camera
      If you can recall, was your keystroke actually CTL+L, and not CTL+ALT+L? The CTL+ALT+L shows as "Lock Screen" in a right click menu on the screen. I tried CTL+L with focus on various apps and well as just the desktop, and nothing unusual happened - just various applicable popups.

Sorry, that's probably what you didn't want to hear, but just trying to figure out what may have happened.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X