Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Installation] Help keyboard mapping and very tiny Icons ASUS UX501VW 18.4.2

I am trying in run 18.4.2 on an ASUS laptop in "try Kubuntu" mode. the keyboard mapping is not correct and the icons are really small. Md5 checksum is correct. I would like to know how to correct these problems before I do the actual installation. I have kubuntu 14.4 and 18.4.2 running on desktops with no problems. Thanks if anyone can help Jim

What happens if you go System settings/Hardware/Input devices/Keyboard, Layout tab?
    Did you add/remove the pertinent layouts?
    Doesn't the chosen layout behave as expected?
    There's also a "test area" in the Hardware tab.

Also in System settings/Appearance/Icons, there's a Configure Icon Sizes button...

Comment

Thanks for your post. However, navigation is a problem. The TAb Key works and the space- bar seems to work as the return-key

Comment

Well, you should be able to get to the keyboard layout settings without using the keyboard at all.
        Try using a different layout... you never know.

It's a funny one though.
        1) never heard of something like that.
        2) If I search for it, I find lots of cases where it happens in Windows, none in Linux.

Comment

Solved

After numerous failed attempts to boot Kubuntu on this laptop I was able to boot and install Mint 19.1 on my first attempt. I like Kubuntu/KDE better and it runs great on my desktops. Thanks to those who tried to help.

Comment

Working...
          X