This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have dublicate taskbar/panels?

I am setting up a dual monitor system with my Cintiq Companion 2, which doubles as a second monitor in this situation, and my workstation. As of now my panel/taskbar is only available on one monitor or the other. Can I duplicate it over to the second monitor? If so, how? And if possible and I don't have a second monitor hooked up, for one reason or another, will this cause problems? Thanks!

Kubuntu 19.04
    Last edited by PencilTester; Jun 21, 2019, 08:53 AM.

I have been using dual monitors with KDE for many years with various distributions currently Linux Mint 17 but have a new Kubuntu 19.04 installation almost ready to go. I have a vertical panel on each side with menu button, various app icons and workspace switcher, left side of left screen, right side of right screen. Across the top of left screen is a panel with a task bar and on right screen a few icons on the top panel. xeyes is handy to help find the cursor when you loose track of it. If one screen is not connected to the computer the panels are all on one screen and feels very cramped. When both are connected but one is not powered on the one that is off is of course blank but things are handled as though it were on. You could move a window to that side but you don't see it. Move it back later and to whatever you want with it. I'd be lost without my 2 monitors. Give it a try.

How to--right click on desktop, add a panel, drag it to what ever screen edge you want it on, add widgets. Adjust width and height to your liking.
    Last edited by TrainGuy; Jun 21, 2019, 06:58 PM. Reason: Answer the how to

Comment

Working...
    X