This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows RDP to Kubuntu

Have Kubuntu running in Virtual Box. No issues at all. Trying to configure RDP to Kubuntu. Installed xRDP, and can get to a login prompt used xRDP, but no luck connecting. I have tried all options in XRDP, with no success.

Get an error login failed for display 0.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 13, 2019, 07:24 AM. Reason: Correct title spelling

You can do this via virtualbox client under the display settings for the virtual machine. If you enable remote display you can connect an rdp server of the VM that the host make (so even pre os get rdp access)

I would suggest trying KRDC for a client
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I also would like to know how to do this, but not with Virtual box. I have Kubuntu 19.04 running on a machine in my network, and another machine with Windows 10. I installed xRDP on the Kubuntu box, but I cannot RDP into it from the Windows 10 box. I see the "just connecting" xRDP login screen, Xorg is the session chosen, enter my username and password, press enter. I get my login spalsh screen, but then it closes and I'm back in windows. Also, if I get this working, is it possible to connect to the existing desktop session?

Thanks for any help

buzz
      Last edited by buzzra; May 31, 2019, 07:47 AM. Reason: punctuation, and clarity.

Comment

Working...
      X