X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Connect does not display message text nor REPLY button on desktop

Greetings,

When receiving a text message the notification on the desktop pops up and simply states "New Message". There is no message body nor a REPLY button. I've selected all the options in KDE Connect on both the mobile device and Kubuntu without success. I did not have this iexperience with my previous device, Samsung Galaxy S4. I was able to receive / reply without issue. Unfortunately, I no longer have that device to test.

Muon Pakcage Manager shows the following :

kdeconnect version : 1.3.3-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Considered reinstalling this package but am hesitant to do so until I understand what the problem is.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

---------

Kubuntu : 18.04
    KDE Plasma version : 5.12.7
    KDE Frameworks Version : 5.44.0
    QT version : 5.9.5
    Kernel version : 4.15.0-45-generic
    OS type : 64 bit

PC type : HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop
    GPU : VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    Processors : 8x Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30Ghz
    Memory : 16 GiB RAM
    HD : 1 TB Internal SAMSUNG MZMPC032 BD RW BD-5750H

Device : Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android version : 8.0.0 Oreo

Hi
    this is on Neon User.

I get rectangular white notifications individually then when I click the little icon I get the notifications with a red x to dismiss them. It also shows the battery power as a percentage and a folder to "explore the device" but when clicked it says "unable to mount device".

when I first enabled KDE Connect it gave me a lot of options, which I do not remember, except that I chose "transfer files". right clicking the symbol shows the phone with a green button and another computer which is not green. It also says in the middle of the popup, "no device selected". When I select it it shows a huge list of things that are enabled

Battery monitor, clipboard, multimedia control receiver, pause media during calls, ping , receive notifications remote filesystem browser, remote keyboard from the desktop, ring my phone, run commands, share and receive, telephony integrations and virtual input.

What are not enabled are 'send notifictions" which is to "broadcast this computers notifications so that they can be shown on other devices, and "inhibit screensaver" which is to inhibit the screensaver when this device is connected.

WHAT IS NOW AMAZING TO ME...is that I can now pair KDE connect on ANOTHER COMPUTER from THIS computer, the only problem is RUNNING BACK AND FORTH between the computers to accept the pairing! and NOT HAVING ENOUGH TIME... the pairing thing only lasts a few seconds. :0

woah!!!

This is with a Samsung S5, A Neon Dev Stable computer and a Neon User computer.

hope this helps a little.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thank you woodsmoke for your response, I appreciate it.

Not sure what changed, but the issue appears to have resolved itself. I did not make any changes per se, just unchecked / rechecked / saved various options on machine and device. Wish I had a definitive solution.

Closing thread.

Comment

Hi
        Thank YOU for the interesting question!
        And, I am glad that you got things worked out.
        And don't be a stranger, I like fiddling with KDE Connect maybe between you and me we could answer some questions!
        woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X