X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Installation] Cant install dual boot Windows 10 Kubuntu

Hi,

I am new to kubuntu. i've downloaded the last version of kubuntu. The idea is to dual boot with windows 10. So i tried to install.

- I have putted the iso file on the usb pen (with yumi)
    - I have created a new partition on my disk on windows where is C: ( i have to disks on my pc)
    - I have launched the installation
    - I arrived on the configuration and proceed with installation (created /root /swap /home) everything like the tutorial
    - After the reboot of system it appears a black screen with logs that are coming one behind others and actually is not working...greaaaat

After that I reboot my pc without the usb key ok, OS windows is working fine no problem.

- I have erased the partitions created by kubuntu and rebooted to try to install again but after this is coming out grub rescue and I cant reinstall.

So my question is what can I do first of all to have access again to Installation of kubuntu and not to have the grub rescue. Second how can I install properly the dual boot that is working if you have some tips and tricks.

thanks a lot I appreciate

You might want to try preparing your USB drive with Rufus, try both DD and ISO mode. You should also do your partitioning via the built-in grub partition manager. Windows being windows might screw things up. But before doing that, empty enough space for all your partitions from inside windows.

Comment

This is correct. The first thing to do is verify the checksum on your downloaded ISO file. Then, when using Windows, use Rufus to create you USB device. Yumi has issues. The only thing that you need to do with Windows is free up space on disk, the Kubuntu installer will properly setup the partitions on the the free space.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

When you are in Kubuntu open terminal and run the command below and paste it into your next post.
        Code:
        sudo parted -l
        yumi is for multibooting, and may or may not be suitable for installation.

Please post the exact model of your computer to make it easier for folks to help you. Whether or not it came with Windows 10?
        Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

Working...
        X