Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested different email clients, I like Evolution, When making default, it won't work

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested different email clients, I like Evolution, When making default, it won't work

I can't set Evolution as my default email client in Kubuntu 18.04.1.

I'm assuming you tried setting it here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	settting_email_client.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	644039
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      I'm assuming you tried setting it here:
      Apologies for the late reply. I appear to not be getting notified of replies to my threads. I found out that using the method you suggested works. But and this is a Big But, the field will not display the name of Evolution and will instead continue to show Kmail as the default even though Evolution has been successfully set as default. So Evolution IS my default client even if it's not visible in system settings. Weird.

Figured out how to subscribe to post via email.
      Last edited by facepalm; Nov 15, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by facepalm View Post
        Apologies for the late reply. I appear to not be getting notified of replies to my threads. I found out that using the method you suggested works. But and this is a Big But, the field will not display the name of Evolution and will instead continue to show Kmail as the default even though Evolution has been successfully set as default. So Evolution IS my default client even if it's not visible in system settings. Weird.Figured out how to subscribe to post via email.
        Have you set rfc822?[img]setting_email.png[/img]

You can add Evolution
        Attached Files
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Have you set rfc822?

You can add Evolution
          Yep. Evolution was already set as the default email. I'll mark as solved. You might want to let the KDE programmers know that system settings doesn't show evolution as the default email client when in fact it really is.

Comment

Working...
          X