This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinny - looks like all root.

rob@rob-laptop:~$ ls -la /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui
    total 40
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 9 18:40 .
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Jul 19 2016 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14785 Sep 25 06:03 ConfigOverlay.qml
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16241 Sep 25 06:03 main.qml

Comment

Code:
      vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ ls -la /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui
      total 48
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Oct 12 13:57 .
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root  4096 May 18 19:54 ..
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14634 Oct 11 22:28 ConfigOverlay.qml
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  5725 Oct 11 22:28[COLOR=#ff0000] LayoutManager.js[/COLOR]
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16242 Oct 11 22:28 main.qml
      you are missing the file in red above for some reason ?

and probably the rest of the ones that cant be found in your error output , I would apt search for the corresponding packages and reinstall them !

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for the ignorance, but what do you mean by apt-search?

Comment

I have reinstalled everything I think that can impact the screen - all of the Plasma things... I'm just about done. Are there any alternatives? I see liquidshell,etc. but have had problems trying to compile. Any suggestions appreciated. I spent too much time over the past month to do a reinstall...

Comment

Originally posted by calvertrp View Post
            I am a bit of a novice with Kubuntu. I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 with 2.5GB RAM running Kubuntu 18.04.
            2.5GB RAM? Won't that be a bit difficult?

Re. apt search: https://askubuntu.com/questions/4453...pt-and-apt-get
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Not easy, but not impossible, and shouldn't have anything to do with the missing Plasma objects.
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Thanks. It was actually running well until this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by calvertrp View Post
                  Thanks. Sorry for the ignorance, but what do you mean by apt-search?
                  Look at the man page here

It will give you information about the different "apt" options and context for doing a "search" with the apt tool on the command line.
                  Last edited by jglen490; Oct 19, 2018, 11:28 AM.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

CUPS printing causing the issue

Finally got things working correctly. Had to do with CUPS printing:

https://superuser.com/questions/1025103/kde-5-plasma-keeps-crashing-and-not-starting-again-no-task-bar-no-right-clic/1221053#1221053

I had to reset the CUPS server config to the default. Now I will work to find out why it crashed in the first place. Thanks to all for your help. It has been a learning experience.

Comment

Well, certainly glad you figured out what the problem was, and how to fix it. A learning experience to be sure. If this solution you found and applied has indeed remedied your situation, please mark this thread as solved. Click on Thread Tools and select Mark this thread as solved...
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X