Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu opens in 25 seconds Too slow why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I don't actually see any logo or graphics during boot normally, as I auto login when I am at home, so what I am seeing is the login splash. Because I am so attentive.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      To be honest I don't actually see any logo or graphics during boot normally, as I auto login when I am at home, so what I am seeing is the login splash. Because I am so attentive.
      there isnt "splash" folder under conf.d/ and i cant create create any folder with dolphin so what must i do in this stage?

Comment

it is not a folder, you save the text file with the name 'splash' in the folder '/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/'

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          it is not a folder, you save the text file with the name 'splash' in the folder '/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/'
          i create splash file with terminal as superuser and i fill the file .

Code:
          [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#54FF54][B]ahmet@ahmet[/B][/COLOR]:[COLOR=#5454FF][B]~[/B][/COLOR]$ ls /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/
          resume  splash

[/FONT]
          its not splash.txt is it correct? i rebooted pc but no changing?

Comment

Originally posted by comonda2 View Post
            i create splash file with terminal as superuser and i fill the file .

Code:
            [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#54FF54][B]ahmet@ahmet[/B][/COLOR]:[COLOR=#5454FF][B]~[/B][/COLOR]$ ls /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/
            resume  splash

[/FONT]
            its not splash.txt is it correct? i rebooted pc but no changing?
            Yup, just 'splash', with no extension.
            As I mentioned, it did not work on my PC. I do think is is very likely due to screen resolution and boot speeds on many some systems. Note that both the "text" and "logo" Plymouth themes are installed, but the blank "text" one is the default, at least on my systems. It must be detecting some thing and deciding which one to use.

Comment

Working...
            X