This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Manger fallback, after Installation

When Installing Kubuntu on a 32-bit computer, why can't a fallback display manager be part of the final installation, do you how many times I have been left looking stupid when showing live disc of Kubuntu of family or friends who seen my Linux system and said wow, I like the look and speed of laptop, and said they don't want to by another window Operating system, when they ask I tell them using Linux Kubuntu and after reboot nothing but the pointer.

Please can someone suggest that this be a big part of 32-bit iso of Kubuntu going forward, think of all the business and hospitals and schools saving the money cause of this important feature they save I Don`t know where to send this and hoping someone will, Please Please bring this to attention of Kubuntu developers to include it. we 32-bit uses are still going strong cause of all you out there but Linux gives us the freedom to keep using our computers for another 20 years. God save Linux!

Did you choose the checkbox for installing 3rd party yada-yada during installation? Were you connected to the internet during installation? Anything that works on the live CD should work post-install.
    Also, if Ubuntu isn't going to continue supporting 32-bit anymore, is Kubuntu?
    I don't know for sure, but I just assumed all 'buntu flavors would follow suit and only offer 64-bit from now on.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Hi and thank you for replying.

Yes did 3rd party

kubuntu running on an Emachine 190 i386 2gb ram, 60 GB hard drive with nivide gracpics from 1999-2000.

Comment

Al I get is mouse pointer and nothing else.

Comment

As far as I know, they still supporting 32-bit hardware, using KDE.

Comment

Looks like 18.04 is the very last one to support 32-bit:

OMG Ubuntu: "Kubuntu Drops 32-bit Install Images"

For kicks and grins, perhaps you should try to download a different ISO? Maybe an older version from here? http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/kubuntu/

See if your results differ.
            Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
            Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Working...
            X