This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Office] How do you do this PC?

Post content removed by Administrator (Snowhog).
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 18, 2018, 07:24 PM.

I wrote that rant in 2009, IIRC, which was three years before I made this forum my home base. I wrote it after a married grad student who was, using his own time, money and PC, documenting changes in the release of KDE 4.0, which was in rapid development in 2008-2009, and explaining how to use the various additions and changes. The ad hominem attacks got so bad that he quit in frustration, leaving no one to do the job of documenting.

Either that, or I wrote it as an initial post on this forum. I can't remember which. But, to me a computer generation is 3 years. Three generations is nine years so 2000 is nine years before the writing of that post. IIRC.

So, I suspect that the OP is a spammer.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; May 18, 2018, 06:29 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I would suspect so too, given the formatting of the post. I just checked Stop Forum Spam, and the OP isn't identified there by IP, email, or username; yet. Let's watch this one.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I wrote that rant in 2009, IIRC, which was three years before I made this forum my home base.
        So, I suspect that the OP is a spammer.
        is it a verbatim copy of you work their GG ,,,,,you should be flattered ,,,,,,,,

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I re-read that OP. I purchased the mentioned Gateway m675prr in March of 2005. I installed Kubuntu 2009.04 Alpha on it in February of 2009, the same month I joined this forum. So, that rant is on this forum, somewhere, IF it got carried over when we converted to the new website and vBulletin engine.

In 2012, seven years after I bought it, I replaced the Gateway with this V3-771G, because permanent vertical lines on the Gateway display made it hard to read.
          Last edited by GreyGeek; May 18, 2018, 06:31 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

The original post: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...u-run-on-my-PC

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
              Thanks, Bings!
              I was too lazy to go look for it because I thought it wouldn't have survived the move. That post, made in 2012, was three years after I made it in 2009. I also noticed that I spelled "here" as "hear", so VINNY's not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
                nice searching their @Bings

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                Thanks, Bings!
                I was too lazy to go look for it because I thought it wouldn't have survived the move. That post, made in 2012, was three years after I made it in 2009. I also noticed that I spelled "here" as "hear", so VINNY's not alone!
                HA I new I was not alone ,,,,,, why cant I see anyone ?

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X