Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with playing sound through Boss Katana USB guitar amp

Hi guys,

So I am totally new to Linux. I have been peeking at Ubuntu and Kubuntu since they appeared but as I have no dev background both of these were too complicated for me to use as a daily runner system.
    I was kind of disappointed by Windows 11 and all that spying when I installed a firewall tool showing me all the connections around the world Windows 11 is making.
    So I installed Kubuntu 23.10 and I was blown away by the progress that was made in last few years, how accessible the system is now to "average Joe", how fast it works.
    I formatted my system drive with Kubuntu, removed Windows entirely, and made the switch.

While I can manage everything using GUI, and when not I can search for solution online, there is one thing I could not solve for past few weeks - playing sound via my Boss Katana amp.
    I had no problems with it working under Windows as a USB speaker, but on Linux it seems to be detected as an "Analog Surround 4.0 Output" and there is no sound at all.
    When I open the sound test window where one has to click on speakers - there is sound coming from rear-left and rear-right, but no sound coming from front-left and front-right (so I have no sound at all while watching youtube etc).

Is there some way to change it to be detected as a stereo or mono device (it has a single speaker anyway).
    Or maybe remap both rear channels to work as front channels?

A Ubuntu Studio user presents a complicated method that involves modifying your kernel. Search Boss Katana plus LInux equals love. You should read this first. When they went from 2 channel to 4 channel is when a issue arose.
    Katana lack of compatibility with Linux - 2 problems, Tone Central and USB

Comment

Thank you,
      I think I'll pass as it's too much for a newbie, I will order normal PC speakers.

Comment

Working...
      X