Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senior non-programmer researching distros for ThinkPad coming -- Stable Kubuntu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior non-programmer researching distros for ThinkPad coming -- Stable Kubuntu?

Hi All,
    I'm a 'Senior non-programmer researching distros for ThinkPad coming.'

Been very active on the Linux forum and am keeping an ongoing list of Linux links 🔗 for newcomers and as a reference for old-timers. It's posted in my signature on the Linux forum and I will do the same here.

Just got an error message trying to check out MX download and posted in their forum for help.

ThinkPad setup expected within a week or two, so I am trying to be prepared with the best choices and somewhat a handle on things.

What is the most stable release of Kubuntu I could install at this time?

Welcome.

You could have a look at Overview: Kubuntu, its parent and some of its siblings

PS: It could also be worth checking https://linux-hardware.org/ if there are any known Linux problems in general with the exact ThinkPad model you wish to buy…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 11, 2024, 07:18 AM. Reason: PS & typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +) • reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)​

Comment

Working...
    X