No sound on Harman Kardon hardware / Lenovo Thinkbook 16 g4 IRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] No sound on Harman Kardon hardware / Lenovo Thinkbook 16 g4 IRH

Hi, Im currently fighting with audio drivers on my machine. Amazed by KDE Plasma, I decided to switch from plain Debian to Kubuntu hopefully that I wont approach another drivers and kernel problems, and yet still there is some pain I kinda see myself as newbie to Ubuntu-based distros, so it would be lovely to hear as much info (and hints) as possible.

I'd start here. It's from Arch Linux, but their Help Pages are about as good as you can get. Oh, and welcome to KFN!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Welcome.

Which version of Kubuntu do you use (link)?

Sometimes one can get an idea of what is missing/required by searching this database for one's exact (laptop) model: https://linux-hardware.org/
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 26, 2024, 11:36 PM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

From a neofetch output:
        Kubuntu 22.04.4 LTS x86_64, kernel 6.5.0-21-generic.

Also I will skim through the sites linked by you, but Im afraid that suggested ALSA dont work properly (or stable) with 7.1 surround.
        According to Schwarzer Kater hint, here's my hardware probe results:
        https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=e947cc88f8
        (Hope that this isn't temporary link, never been there)

Comment

Working...
        X