Discover Conflicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] Discover Conflicts

Greetings, In terminal I wrote “sudo apt-cache depends discover discover” And this is what I got back.

jefred@jefred-ThinkPad-T16-Gen-1:~$ sudo apt-cache depends discover discover

Depends: libc6
    Depends: libdiscover2
    Depends: debconf
    Depends: <debconf-2.0>
    cdebconf
    debconf
    Conflicts: <discover1>
    Suggests: lsb-base

I don’t know what caused this and it’s effect, all I know is that there is conflict. Is there any easy way to remedy this? I have tried searching for the answers online (as always) and was not able to find an answer. I suppose if it bothered me enough I could just reinstall Discover but that may not help either. Any helpful suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

There is no problem.

"Conflicts" are used in deb packaging to keep incompatible or duplicitave things from being installed at the same time.

Some technical mumbo jumbo:
    https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-po...ages-conflicts

Comment

Thanks for the explanation along with the link. I read it but your explanation was good as theirs. I might be a duplicate that I did unintentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffRedd View Post
        Thanks for the explanation along with the link. I read it but your explanation was good as theirs. I might be a duplicate that I did unintentionally.
        No, there aren't any duplicates. A package contains a lists of dependencies, recommends, suggests, conflicts, replaces, and other things as necessary. Not every package needs something in every category, so many won't have 'conflicts' or 'replaces", etc if it isn't necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X