Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add Kdenlive to Task Manager bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add Kdenlive to Task Manager bar?

I ran following flatpak commands to install Kdenlive;

$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
    $ flatpak install flathub org.kde.kdenlive
    $ flatpak run org.kde.kdenlive

Kdenlive now starts.

But "Pin to Task Manager" is greyout". Please advise how to add it to Task Manager (the bottom menu bar) ?

Thanks

Regards​

Why didn't you just install the DEB?

$ sudo apt install kdenllive

I've got version 23.08.3
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

OT:

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
      Why didn't you just install the DEB?
      $ sudo apt install kdenllive
      I've got version 23.08.3
      Perhaps because the version of Kdenlive in *Ubuntu's repos for Kubuntu 22.04 is 21.12.3 (or 22.04.3 with Kubuntu Backports)?

The three recommended ways to install Kdenlive (from https://kdenlive.org/en/download/) are either AppImage, Flatpak or to add the extra Kdenlive PPA (for *Ubuntu).

satimis:
      Do you have the Kdenlive symbol in your application menu? Did you log out and in again (or restart the computer) after adding flatpak?
      What happens if you drag the symbol from your application menu to the Plasma panel when Kdenlive is not running?

And here you may find some additional tips for installing flatpak : How to enable Flatpak in Kubuntu 22.04 LTS
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Dec 01, 2023, 03:26 AM. Reason: typos
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
      X