X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with manual fsck

Hello,

My father asked me to let him use my desktop. He could not login because he did not know my password correctly and powered of my machine (not shutdown, just simply power off).
    So after that when I boot I get a weird screen with some instructions. But I do not really know what to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	649305

This is not the first time I encountered this problem but in the past I just reinstalled my system. Could you tell me a way to solve this (or link a tutorial) in an idiot-proof way? I love linux but except "sudo apt install" I rarely use the Konsole or terminal.

Originally posted by G a r y View Post
    Hello,

My father asked me to let him use my desktop. He could not login because he did not know my password correctly and powered of my machine (not shutdown, just simply power off).
    So after that when I boot I get a weird screen with some instructions. But I do not really know what to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7467[/ATTACH]

This is not the first time I encountered this problem but in the past I just reinstalled my system. Could you tell me a way to solve this (or link a tutorial) in an idiot-proof way? I love linux but except "sudo apt install" I rarely use the Konsole or terminal.
    When you boot up you are presented with the grub menu. Take the second option. It has the words (Recovery Mode) in it. If there is more than one line with those words in it select the first using the down arrow. The Tab to the <ok> at the bottom or click on it.
    That will give you a menu of repair choices. One choice will be to run fsck on your system. Run it and when it is done it will return you to that menu. Choose the option to resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you! Problem solved!

Comment

Working...
      X