strange thing happened on reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] strange thing happened on reboot

I have a line of folders across my desktop that correspond to folders in my home directory. I did not put them there. I think there symlinks or something like that.
    I want to get rid of them but don't want to risk deleting the actual folders in my home directory.
    When i mouse over one of these folders on my desktop and little up arrow appears in the top left area of the icon.

I was not aware I used any code tag in my post all i did was what i am doing here typing in text and hit post.
    More weird stuff my desktop folder is missing from my home directory. how can i fix this ?
    I made a backup copy of one of the folders in my home directory that are now on my desktop. deleting the folder on my desktop will delete the same folder in my home directory.

Comment

You made a backup on your desktop is different than, "I rebooted and files mysteriously showed up on my desktop". I will leave this to the more experienced veteran users.
      Last edited by TinyTim; Oct 10, 2023, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Welcome.

You possibly changed the settings for your desktop - if this is the case, to get back the default settings:

-> right-click on your desktop -> Configure Desktop and Wallpaper -> in the left columm select Location -> in the right column select Show: Desktop Folder -> Apply
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Oct 10, 2023, 09:42 AM.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

thx fella's i got it figured out.

Comment

Working...
          X