X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is modifying a keyboard layout possible

Hello all,

I'm not really much experienced in Kubuntu, i have installed it a few days ago.There are 2 tiny problems:

1) I have chosen the closest keyboard layout to mine; but its not 100% same; so some special characters are in different places and a few are missing i think.In configuring layout pages, i couldn't find a modify button to my current layout; and other layouts are worse then this current one.

2) While i first install Kubuntu, i was in a little rush because it was late night and i had short time for sleep.There was a list of time zone.I have chosen Russia time zone since it is the same time to ours.But whenever i start laptop, at password check screen i see a russian information that says date and time, although im not Russian I configured all the date and time stuff to my country but its still the same.After a log off, it switches to my language, after a restart it switches to Russian.Its a little awkward.

3) Last but not least you might think there is no need for an antivirus program, but i really care for it for any case.I have NOD32, but i can't install it.I use the cd Downloads command, after i get into the folder i can't install it via terminal.

chmod +x ...linux command doesn't work.

These might be simple stuff but it really drives me mad, your help is really appreciated.

Thanks from now.

What version of Kubuntu did you install, and is it 32- or 64-bit? Take a look at https://support.eset.com/kb2653/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X