This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Monitors] Monitor Issues

I have a BenQ monitor 2550x1080 and a Sony TV 1920x1080 that I am trying to use as a dual monitor display. I had them working with Antergos before I switched to Kunbuntu 17.10. I finally got the BenQ to show up as 2550x1080 instead of like 1200x700 by installing the OS without using UEFI, but the Sony TV will only be detected if I unplug the BenQ monitor and only use the Sony TV. The Sony TV does not come in as 1920x1080 but as like 1300x700.

My goal is to have them both running as dual monitor, and both be at 2550x1080 for BenQ and 1920x1080 for Sony TV, but as of right now I can only get one to work at a time and one does not have the right resolution.

I have been trying to get this to work for a couple of days. I have googled around, and found a terminal command called xrandr, but that does not help since it only picks up one monitor at a time. There are also no other options when I go to change resolution and the Monitor comes up as only default.

Is there a GPU driver I need to install or some config file I need to edit to get this to work?

Software

• KDE Plasma Version: 5.10.5
    • KDE Frameworks Verstion: 5.38.0
    • Qt Version: 5.9.1
    • Kernel Version: 4.13.0-36-generic
    • OS Type: 64-bit

Hardware
    • Processors: 16 x AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Eight-Core Processor (The CPU is overclocked if that makes a difference.)
    • Memory: 31.4 Gib RAM
    • GPU: AMD RX Vega 64

Driver
    • Vender: VMware, Inc.
    • Renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 5.0, 128 bits)
    • OpenGL version: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.8
    • Kernel Module: unknown

This is the information I could find and though would be relevant. Let me know if more is needed.

Originally posted by aboogesnickle View Post

Driver
    • Vender: VMware, Inc.
    • Renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 5.0, 128 bits)
    • OpenGL version: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.8
    • Kernel Module: unknown

This is the information I could find and though would be relevant. Let me know if more is needed.
    are you doing this on bare mettle , or in a VM ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      are you doing this on bare mettle , or in a VM ?

VINNY
      It is bare metal. I have not set up a VM on it. I just installed the OS and ran the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by aboogesnickle View Post
        It is bare metal. I have not set up a VM on it. I just installed the OS and ran the updates.
        That seems unlikely, as the Display Driver information being reported is for a Virtual Machine.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X