Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Installation] Time and date showing in arabic

Hello,
    Recently I installed Kubuntu 23.04, and I went through the installation without any issues, after I completed the installation I realized that the time and date are in Arabic, I live in Kuwait and I want everything to be in English. I tried everything to change them to English and nothing is working. Kindly help it is very annoying.
    Thank you

Also all numbers are in Arabic not just date and time.

Comment

Originally posted by alibader View Post
      Hello,
      Recently I installed Kubuntu 23.04, and I went through the installation without any issues, after I completed the installation I realized that the time and date are in Arabic, I live in Kuwait and I want everything to be in English. I tried everything to change them to English and nothing is working. Kindly help it is very annoying.
      Thank you
      click Application Launcher (bottom left).
      Type in Language in the search box at top, select language.
      Language system settings window will open.
      In the bottom right side is a Add Language button.
      Never done it, but I think select the language you want, Engish.
      Then set English for default at the top by using the little grab hand to put it in top position.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyTim View Post

click Application Launcher (bottom left).
        Type in Language in the search box at top, select language.
        Language system settings window will open.
        In the bottom right side is a Add Language button.
        Never done it, but I think select the language you want, Engish.
        Then set English for default at the top by using the little grab hand to put it in top position.
        No use tried everything, but nothing is working, I don't know why it showing in Arabic and I haven't even added Arabic in the languages.

Comment

No use tried everything, but nothing is working, I don't know why it showing in Arabic and I haven't even added Arabic in the languages.
          Did you say it is just the numbers, date and time?
          Check out, open System Settings
          Select Regional Settings
          Select Formats
          Select Numbers
          Select the number language you want, they are all installed on my Kubuntu 22.04

Comment

Your problems likely won't end there as the location you set at installation also drives what you will see on the internet and what language search results etc will appear in. If you are an English only speaker do a reinstall and set your location to an English speaking country and work around the issues such as time display that will result.

Comment

Originally posted by shag00 View Post
              Your problems likely won't end there as the location you set at installation also drives what you will see on the internet and what language search results etc will appear in. If you are an English only speaker do a reinstall and set your location to an English speaking country and work around the issues such as time display that will result.
              I'm an Arab and I do speak arabic (obviously), but I like my OS to be in english, having the dates and time and some numbers in another language is very annoying and looks off. Luckly it's a new install and I can deal with reinstalling it. Thank you

Comment

Also bear in mind that Google also references your IP location and may ask you repeatedly whether you wish to display results in English, to get around this annoyance I ditched firefox and Google and installed Vivaldi and use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.

Comment

Also all numbers are in Arabic not just date and time.
                  Curious, do you have a EN IBUS on your taskbar? I have been reading about how it can cause conflicts with keyboard settings. I have read it is associated with a Zoom (video conference program) dependency. I have been looking for a way to remove it and thought about your problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X