Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install Kubutu, but no problem with ubuntu or Tails

Hi,
    I'm new in the ubuntu world but not in technical computers.

I follow this tutorial for the installation
    How to Install Ubuntu on an External Hard Drive

I flash a new 64 GB usb drive with ubuntu it install in external HD with no problem
    I flash same usb drive with Tails no problem at all
    But when I try with kubuntu 22.04.2 LTS kubuntu-22.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso and kubuntu-23.04-desktop-amd64.iso downloaded from the official link
    and after flashing the USB and enter in the installation when I click on the install Kubuntu or try Kubuntu nothing happens !!!
    then I couldn't go to install it in my external HD.

My Laptop i'ts a Dell Latitude E 7250 with fresh win 10, I try to flash with Rufus and with Balena two times and always the same.
    now I'm downloading Kubuntu 20.04.6 in the hope it go further.
    the usb it's a brand new 64GB Kingston 3.0

Could some one help me with that issue? I'm doing something wrong?
    I could boot from the usb, and the problem seems on the first screen of the installation, I could see the square selected but nothing happens.

Thank you very much for your help

Astor

I wonder if your Kubuntu downloads are corrupted, maybe? You might try using a different download mirror, in the Alternate Downloads link, or try using bittorrent.
    Then verify the download as well. There are instructions on the alternate downloads page.

Also, if you can, try different USB sticks. Sometimes a full wipe and reformat of the flash drive help, as well.
    Another option that may be very useful is Ventoy. Once installed, you simply copy multiple ISO images to the USB, and you can seelect any of them from a menu.

Comment

• oshunluvr
      oshunluvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Ventoy - that's a new one for me. I've been using "MultiSystem" for quite awhile but it's a bit cumbersome to maintain. I'll give Ventoy a try - that's for the tip!
Working...
X