Task Manager For Kubuntu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Manager For Kubuntu?

I just recently found out about the “Task Manager” for Kubuntu. I think it’s called “System Activity” in the window. My short-cut is control+Esc key. Anyway this is a handy little tool that I didn’t know was included in Kubuntu. It’s almost exactly the same as Task Manager is in Windows. I guess I should read the manual, but where would I find one?

I have looked on the internet and when it said “Kubuntu Manual 22.04.2 Release” I was unable to download it. If anyone has a link or knows where I can get one it would be greatly appreciated. Prefer PDF format if possible. Thank-you.

You should probably not look for a "Kubuntu" manual but for a KDE (Plasma) manual, here is a link to get you started:
    https://userbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_UserBase

And here is a link to the KDE channel on YouTube, which could also be interesting for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/@KdeOrg
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Aug 01, 2023, 04:59 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

• JeffRedd
      JeffRedd commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks Schwarzer Kater, I'm going to be checking this out and bookmarking it now. Good sources.

Link?

Found it!

The github link (same as the one found on the Support page) has it in both ePub and PDF.

But for Plasma and other KDE stuff, you might need to consider KDE's Help Center app.
    The Kubuntu manual is more focused on the very basics, in terms of using Plasma Desktop, and mainly has distro-specific content.
    It Does have a very good amount of basic desktop usage info, but it won't have the more specific things you may be seeking.

Also see KDE's own documentation
    Last edited by claydoh; Aug 01, 2023, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      You should probably not look for a "Kubuntu" manual
      There be a LOT of good stuff in there. I forgot that they even had enough volunteers to keep it going. Thy really should feature it more prominently, at the very least on the downloads page.

Comment

Yes, it is indeed quite good - but I understood the post this way that the OP is asking about some more fundamantal features of the KDE Plasma desktop environment, not Kubuntu-specific things…
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          Link?

Found it!

The github link (same as the one found on the Support page) has it in both ePub and PDF. [/URL]

Claydoh, Many thanks. I’m not sure if it will be too basic or not but if just shows me a few things, that I’m not aware of, it will be helpful. Thanks forgoing out of your way to help me. Why didn’t I find that link? Normally I’m pretty good at finding things myself. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X