Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Plasma/Plasmoid dev libraries?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Plasma/Plasmoid dev libraries?

Can someone help me? I'm trying to learn the bare basics of plasmoid development. I'm trying to follow the tutorial on the KDE TechBase (https://techbase.kde.org/Development...GettingStarted), but I can't get it to work.

I continually get errors that the org.kde.plasma includes cannot be found:

Code:
    file:///home/bundito/projects/hellomoid/plasmoid/contents/ui/main.qml:2 module "org.kde.plasma.components" is not installed
    Last night, I spent several hours compiling and (I thought) installing the latest Plasma libraries from the KDE git source. Like I said, it took a while. But it didn't make a difference. The libraries still can't be found. I can't even run the examples that come with the Plasma source.

This is a recent install of Kubuntu 17.10. Of course, I'm running the Plasma 5.11.95 (5.12 beta) desktop. Everything works fine so far.

I suspect I'm missing an environment variable or a $PATH entry, but I don't know what values I need. My $PATH is set to
    Code:
    $ echo $PATH
    /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
    Can someone help?

Thanks!

First, Welcome! Second, this might be helpful: http://archive.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/prerequisites
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention that was my first post. I think my frustration overwhelmed me.

I'm working through those steps now. I'll report back. Hopefully with a screenshot.

Comment

Okay. Status update. I'm building and targeting everything to my home directory to avoid any potential conflicts.

I used the "kdesrc-build" tool to build the KF5 Frameworks. All that is in /home/bundito/kde
        I cloned the Git repository and built the latest version of the Plasma Frameworks. It lives in /home/bundito/plasma
        Lastly, I built the newest version of Qt5 (5.10) and stored it in /home/bundito/Qt510

Do I just add these directories to my $PATH, or are there environment variables I need to set?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X