X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTorrent doesn't download when switched to another user

Hi all,

it seems that KTorrent doesn't continue downloading if after starting a download you 'Switch User' and spend a few hours without checking it.

I had a small (500MB) download which should have completed in 15 minutes but the first time I "switched user" back after 60 minutes it still said 13 minutes and the 2nd time I switched back after several hours it still said about 13 minutes.
    Now, after spending 15 minutes running as the primary user it has completed.

Is this standard behaviour? A bug? or misconfiguration?

Thanks
    Felix

Kubuntu 17.10
    KTorrent 5.1.0

I believe all partial, incomplete, and temp downloads (files), including the torrent file itself (SomeUsuallyPiratedTorrentNameHere.torrent) are kelp in the 'Home" directory, so in switching users and restarting KTorrent, the program would not see the file(s) it's supposed to be downloading.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
      Hi all,

it seems that KTorrent doesn't continue downloading if after starting a download you 'Switch User' and spend a few hours without checking it.

I had a small (500MB) download which should have completed in 15 minutes but the first time I "switched user" back after 60 minutes it still said 13 minutes and the 2nd time I switched back after several hours it still said about 13 minutes.
      Now, after spending 15 minutes running as the primary user it has completed.

Is this standard behaviour? A bug? or misconfiguration?

Thanks
      Felix

Kubuntu 17.10
      KTorrent 5.1.0
      the net connection follows the "in use" session ,,,,,,it will not keep downloading anything even in a torrent client if you are not in that session.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        the net connection follows the "in use" session ,,,,,,it will not keep downloading anything even in a torrent client if you are not in that session.
        Wow! I've been using Ubuntu for 12+ years and I didn't know that!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X