Need help getting Librewolf installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Need help getting Librewolf installed

I had to re-install Kubuntu 22.10. No way can I get Librewolf installed again, lol. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 30, 2023, 07:25 AM.

Can you provide specific details about the problems you are having?
    Without specific, we have no idea what you are facing.
    Have you consulted with Librewolf's documentation/support?

Of course, their instructions are crap.

Attention. We only build LibreWolf for Debian 11, Ubuntu 20/21/22 and Mint 20.2/20.3/21. If you don't use one of those distros, the above commands will install the Ubuntu 20 build for you which may or may not work. If you want to manually choose a different distro's build, then change the first of the above commands to point at that distro. E.g. to install the Debian 11 build, run distro=bullseye.​
    What does "20/21/22​" even mean?? There are two *buntu releases each year, and they don't seem provide packages for 22.10, only for LTS, if using their repos. So, you would have to use 'jammy' (22.04) instead and hope it works?

Comment

I tried procedures on the Internet and none work. The problem seems to be that the package is not installed.
      The weird thing is that I had it installed before following Internet procedure which I tried again, no joy.
      Why not put Librewolf in the Software Installer in Kubuntu?!

Maybe I should install .04 instead of .10.
      Last edited by Kumann; Jan 29, 2023, 04:49 PM.

Comment

You could consider installing the Flatpack version: https://librewolf.net/installation/linux/
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Kumann View Post
          Why not put Librewolf in the Software Installer in Kubuntu?!
          Because then Ubuntu has to maintain and build the packages for this small, rather niche project, and as a browser you don't want to be to far behind.
          That, and no one has volunteered to take on such a task.
          Compiling a browser is quite cumbersome.

Comment

I installed 22.04.1 and all works aokay, even Librewolf.
            Instructions from here work: https://www.how2shout.com/linux/how-...ntu-20-04-lts/
            Thanks to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumann View Post
              I installed 22.04.1 and all works aokay, even Librewolf.
              That's what I call using a bulldozer to sweep your porch , just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

That's what I call using a bulldozer to sweep your porch , just a little.
                I was thinking a Porche!

Comment

Working...
                X