Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin: Open containing folder does not work when correctly from Chrome and screen capture.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] Dolphin: Open containing folder does not work when correctly from Chrome and screen capture.

After you download a file using Chrome or screen capture using Spectacle (Shift+Meta+Print) if Dolphin is already open and you click on Show in folder or (Open containing folder), Dolphin will open, but not in the correct folder. However if Dolphin is NOT running, it will launch and show the correct folder. Any thoughts?

Steps to reproduce with Chrome:
    1. Make sure Dolphin is open in Home Directory
    2. Visit https://www.africau.edu/images/default/sample.pdf
    3. Click Download file and select Downloads folder
    4. When Download finishes right click on the status bar and select Show in Folder
    5. You will see it does not show the Downloads folder but the current directory Dolphin is open at.

Now Close Dolphin. And repeat steps starting with 2 above. This time Dolphin opens in the right folder.

Below is my Info.

Welcome to KFN!

I cannot reproduce this here on my system. I do this sort of action often, daily even.

You might need to specify your Plasma version, which you can find in System Settings >> About this System.
    This would be a KDE bug,(https://bugs.kde.org/), but not sure which specific component, since both KDE software (Spectacle) and non-KDE applications (Chrome) are showing this behavior for you. So whatever is calling for a file manager may be the culprit, as opposed to Dolphin itself.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Welcome to KFN!

I cannot reproduce this here on my system. I do this sort of action often, daily even.

You might need to specify your Plasma version, which you can find in System Settings >> About this System.
      This would be a KDE bug,(https://bugs.kde.org/), but not sure which specific component, since both KDE software (Spectacle) and non-KDE applications (Chrome) are showing this behavior for you. So whatever is calling for a file manager may be the culprit, as opposed to Dolphin itself.
      Hi, please see the attached screen above for Plasma version.

This also happens with KRunner. So basically keep open Dolphin to a random folder such as /etc and search for a file in a different folder maybe in home (I use ALT+SPACE to open KRunner). When you select to show the folder document is in, Dolphin opens up but does not navigate to that folder where document is. However, if Dolphin is closed (not loaded), and do the same, Dolphin will launch and navigate correctly to that folder. Does this work for you? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by silocoder View Post

Hi, please see the attached screen above for Plasma version.

This also happens with KRunner. So basically keep open Dolphin to a random folder such as /etc and search for a file in a different folder maybe in home (I use ALT+SPACE to open KRunner). When you select to show the folder document is in, Dolphin opens up but does not navigate to that folder where document is. However, if Dolphin is closed (not loaded), and do the same, Dolphin will launch and navigate correctly to that folder. Does this work for you? Thanks
        We cannot view your screenshot, as new members cannot use that feature until they have a minimum number of posts. Same for URLs. This is why I have had to manually approve your posts at the moment
        The tool has a 'copy to clipboard' feature so you can copy and paste it into a post without using an image.
        We also have release-specific sub-forums as well that can be more useful and specific.

Everything is working as expected for me. But I am one person.

But unless others here have similar issues and fixes, this is likely one of those things that is going to be better reported to where the actual software developers will see it, so a bug report is also a good idea.
        KDE developers won't ever see anything here.

Comment

Working...
        X