Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thethering won't connect and KDE Connect neither.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thethering won't connect and KDE Connect neither.

Hello everybody, I am a total newb and I've decided to install kubuntu 16.04 coming from Windows. I don't have another OS installed and I have a laptop 64bit.
    I've tried to connect my phone using usb thethering, I can see my phone on the wifi connections but it won't connect. Also I've tried using KDE Connect and neither the phone nor my computer see eachother, actually once my phone saw the computer but the connection timed out, every single time I tried, now it doesn't show up again.

I am really looking forward to use tethering because at the moment I am in China and I have a paid VPN that I can use through my phone but not on my computer because they don't have a Linux client and in China the internet is insanely censored to the point where is useless. Please understand that I am terrible at computers so treat me like a 5 years old with learning disabilities.

Let me know if I need to provide further information. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Edit: more info about my computer: kde plasma 5.5.5 QT version 5.5.1 Kernel version 4.10.0-37-generic Processor 4 x Intel i5-5257U @2.70 GHz Memory 3.8gb
    Grub version 0.97-29Ubuntu68 Grand unified bootloader (legacy version)
    Last edited by Guest; Oct 19, 2017, 09:02 AM. Reason: I suck at English

Info about your PC was provided by you (thank you), but nothing about your Cell Phone. What make/model? How old is it? What Carrier?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

How are you trying to tether? if the cell phone is provided by your carrier and they have installed a custom OS and apps included by default, they make have disabled the functionality to do so.

To use KDE Connect the cell phone and Plasma desktop must be on the same network (ie your home wifi network).

Comment

Working...
      X