No announcement yet.

Linked icon to Kate and dolphine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Linked icon to Kate and dolphine?

​Hi All,
    my problem is that somehow I have linked a file called "info.bibletime.bibletime.desktop" with a text editor called "Kate" and the Dolphin file manager, so that when I open Dolphin this file always opens in Kate while dolphin opens.... can anyone help with unlinking them please?!! (and if possible explain what I did to cause this?) many thanks Len

Hello

Could it be you have added a path/command to dolphin with kate with your file included?

If you open applications menu(Start menu) > browse to your dolphin entry, (should be in favorites tab) and right click it and chose "edit application".
    In the field "command" it should have only "dolphin" or "dolphin %u".

what does your say?

Edit: on second thought I think this could be your issue.
    from here https://forum.manjaro.org/t/open-kat...t-files/116952

Your direction for it was quite right with sessions:
    It should open documents with Kate without plugins when you make your NoPlugins session as your template
    • Kate Menu > Sessions > Manage Sessions > Select your NoPlugins session > Open as Template
    • Close Kate, open a txt document in Dolphin and it should default to the session without plugins
    Please try.

/Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas; Sep 07, 2022, 11:13 AM.
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Thank you for the time to reply with that information. The issue is now sorted, so thank you

Comment

Originally posted by oldfart View Post
        Thank you for the time to reply with that information. The issue is now sorted, so thank you
        Great!

It's a good habit to mark the post [SOLVED] in case someone else have the same or similar issue.

To mark i solved, edit your original post and to the left of the Title entry, there's a drop down menu, chose [SOLVED], and save.

/Jonas
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
        X