Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut down slow to commence (video demonstrations)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut down slow to commence (video demonstrations)

Shut down/log out/restart used to begin almost instantly on my user account, now it takes about 15 seconds for the procedure to commence.

Here is a video of what it does, note the taskbar goes black about 10 seconds after I click, then the log out process commences:

Here is what it should/used to be (exact same computer from the other active User account):

I have no idea why it decided to start behaving this way but it's annoying, how do I fix it?

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.8
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.8
    Kernel Version: 5.15.0-46-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM

Start by looking at what is running, especially in the background on this account versus the other one, when shutting down
    I think snaps can slow things down if one has a ton of them installed, as they all need to be unmounted, though I am not sure if this is per-user or not.
    Look at saved session settings, perhaps something there is slow to save its state. maybe try setting it to not save, and see if that has an effect. or, if you use that feature, you can track down which application is causing it, and blacklist it in System Settings.

it could be many different things, and will take some investigation, unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I have no snap packages installed and my sessions are not set to save on shut down, so unfortunately I'm still none the wiser
      Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 28, 2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X