This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access GDrive and OneDrive on Kubuntu 17.04

I'm running Kubuntu 17.04 and I have read the Kubuntu User Manual and also the Ubuntu User Manual. I did some forum searches on "Google Drive" but didn't find a thread that seemed helpful either. I was wondering if there is a setting or app in KDE/Kubuntu that is similar to the Ubuntu Workstation apps "Online Accounts" and "Documents." Those apps appear to be a slick way in stock Ubuntu to access your GDrive, OneDrive, or DropBox accounts locally on your Linux desktop.

Of course, if KDE doesn't have this feature, I imagine I could add these Ubuntu apps with Discover or apt-get. I just wanted to see if there was something native to KDE/Kubuntu first.

O yes we have the package "Gdrive" that addes your google drive to dolphins network places menu

Code:
    vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ apt search gdrive
    Sorting... Done
    Full Text Search... Done
    kio-gdrive/xenial,now 1.2.0.1+p16.04+git20170531.1158-0 amd64 [installed]
     KIO access for GDrive

kio-gdrive-dbgsym/xenial 1.2.0.1+p16.04+git20170531.1158-0 amd64
     Debug symbols for kio-gdrive
    it works as expected @hear

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

hears a screen shot of Dolphin accessing mine

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

Vinny,
        It seems that you might be running Kubuntu 16.04LTS from your apt search results. Is it possible that you have a special PPA enabled or some other special repository? The reason that I ask is that my "apt search gdrive" turns up the following on standard Kubuntu 17.04.

Code:
        apt search gdrive
        Sorting... Done
        Full Text Search... Done
        unity-scope-gdocs/zesty,zesty 0.9+16.04.20151125-0ubuntu1 all
        obsolete transitional package

unity-scope-gdrive/zesty,zesty 0.9+16.04.20151125-0ubuntu1 all
        Google Drive scope for Unity
        This appears to be an obsolete package, and then the package for the Ubuntu Unity "Documents" program that enables that to talk to Gdrive. When I do an "apt search kio" I don't see anything like what I see in your code sample either. Any thoughts?

This link seems to indicate that kio-gdrive on Kubuntu 17.04 seems like it is unlikely to get it working.
        https://askubuntu.com/questions/9361...-only-kde-neon
        Last edited by mowestusa; Aug 05, 2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

This post will help. Short answer - It's coming back, currently in Beta, and can be installed now - at least in Neon. Likely in Kubuntu with a little prodding.
          http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/05/k...tion-in-plasma
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

yes I forgot that I was in my Neon /dev/stable and not the 17.04

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Thanks for the input. I found the OMG Ubuntu article too, but then the Ask Ubuntu link that I found seems to indicate there are issues in Kubuntu with it for right now. I might just wait until Kubuntu 17.10 when they hopefully have it in there and working.

Comment

kio-gdrive requires a newer version of KDE applications (kaaccount-providers) than we currently have. Almost ready to upload, but just a few issues to sort.
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                  kio-gdrive requires a newer version of KDE applications (kaaccount-providers) than we currently have. Almost ready to upload, but just a few issues to sort.
                  LOL ,,,,yes ,,,,I was trying to build kio-gdrive from the git on 17.04 last night all was going well stopping on some XXXXXXconfig.cmake using apt-file to find the missing bit until I ran into ,,,,,,,,,,,something like KPIMGDRIVE and it wanted KF5GDRVE or something like that where the name had changed from thin to now <role eyes>

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                  X