This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound with notifications?

Dell 3567 laptop running Kubuntu 16.04, Plasma 5.8.7 (kubuntu backports) fully updated with no errors, warnings, etc on running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.

When I adjust the sound volume using Fn+F2 or Fn+F3 I get a popping sound and the volume slider popup.
    When I take a screenshot I get the camera shutter sound and a notification.
    No problems with video or music files.

But when I set sounds and popups for changing the state of the caps lock or num lock keys, there's no sound or any on-screen notification.

I can hear the sound when I click on the "preview" arrow next to the sound file's name in the attached image.

It's not a deal-breaker but I'm just wondering why.
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

I had this happen about a week or two ago and tried everything I could think of to make it work, to no avail. Suddenly it started working again, maybe because of an update? While I really like Neon(or is it Ubuntu?) it does have its quirks. Discover being one. Sometimes Discover works very well, other times it crashes all the time. (not during upgrades but while actually typing in the search box.)
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Are they going to the correct audio channel?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        Are they going to the correct audio channel?
        I don't know how to answer that. How do I check that? AFAIK, all audio settings are the default. I haven't messed with any pulseaudio/alsa stuff.

FWIW, the last update has this:
        Code:
        Start-Date: 2017-07-22  05:51:14
        Commandline: apt-get dist-upgrade
        Requested-By: user1 (1001)
        Upgrade: libkf5plasma5:amd64 (5.36.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa1, 5.36.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu16.04~ppa1), 
        libkf5plasmaquick5:amd64 (5.36.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa1, 5.36.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu16.04~ppa1), 
        plasma-framework:amd64 (5.36.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa1, 5.36.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu16.04~ppa1)
        End-Date: 2017-07-22  05:51:43
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X