Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to modify Amarok shortcuts if Amarok is uninstalled?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe to modify Amarok shortcuts if Amarok is uninstalled?

I want to assign Meta+M to open my Music folder in Dolphin. However, I was promptly told that Meta+M was used by Amarok (image 1).

I've uninstalled Amarok but all of Amarok's shortcuts are still present in Global Shortcuts. I have no intention of re-installing Amarok and so is it safe to, for example, set the shortcut for Mute, which is currently Meta+M to none (image 2)?
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

I would de-link all of Amaok's shortcuts if you have no plans on using it. Then they are available for your use.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Reassigning shortcuts is always safe, you wont break the system or anything. That warning message simply tells you that the shortcut already exists and allows you to cancel the reassignment operation if you want to keep the original shortcut.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I would de-link all of Amaok's shortcuts if you have no plans on using it. Then they are available for your use.
        Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        Reassigning shortcuts is always safe, you wont break the system or anything. That warning message simply tells you that the shortcut already exists and allows you to cancel the reassignment operation if you want to keep the original shortcut.
        Thanks!

I think I'll go the reassign route on a case-by-case basis.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X