Sound completely gone after trying to disable the mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound completely gone after trying to disable the mic

I went to the audio system settings and disabled the microphone now all audio output is gone and I have no clue howto get it back. The only thing I can change now weirdly is the microphone but activating it again didnt bring audio out back so I can not hear anything that is playing anymore.
    I went to the audio system settings and disabled the microphone now all audio output is gone and I have no clue howto get it back. The only thing I can change now weirdly is the microphone but activating it again didnt bring audio out back so I can not hear anything that is playing anymore.

Nevermind, I found a way. I just dont find the delete post button now.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 11, 2022, 06:01 AM.

Originally posted by Fred-VIE View Post
    Nevermind, I found a way.
    And that 'way' was? Posting ones solution to an asked problem means someone else might benefit if they experience a similar issue. It's how we help others.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      And that 'way' was?
      I thought you would just delete the tread.

I had to set the profile in the audio system settings under "Playback Devices" to "Digital Stereo output + Analog Stereo input" again but there where no playback devices shown anymore. Just recording devices.

Then I mentioned that the volume sign in the task bar was set to 0 and the mic was listed instead of a playback device.
      So I klicked on that and there it showed a playback device too which I chose.
      After that I had to goto the audio system settings again and set the profile to "Digital Stereo output + Analog Stereo input" again. (With an analog system I would have had to set it to 2.1/5.1 or whatever the audio system would be).
      That turned the sound on again.

I guess that setting the profile to "Digital Stereo output" only would disable only the mic (like I initially wanted to) but now I just set the mic level to zero for the time being.
      Last edited by Fred-VIE; Jun 11, 2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X