This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd first choice in krunner?

I have a file called 17-18-banks.ods which I access quite often.

When I type banks into krunner, I see that that file is not the first choice but the second. The first choice is a file that doesn't have banks in its title but I access that file as well quite often. (This file has the string banks appearing just once in a 1520-line text file.

AFAIK, I haven't fiddled with any of krunner's settings. So why doesn't the file that I expect to be listed first, not appear in the first position?

Also, this is happens reproducibly.
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Yes, Ive had that happen too. I poked around in the config file but it doesnt seem like there is anything we can do about this. It would be nice if we had more control over the priority of entries.

Comment

I betcha it may be because of Dropbox syncing and checking for file changes that the txt file possibly is actually being read much more often than the ods file. Just a guess.

Comment

I bet claydoy is right. It automatically gives priority to recently accessed items so if Dropbox is syncing and altering the file timestamps, krunner would give it a higher priority.

Comment

Okay, I'll try to test that out later today if I can by seeing if I can make krunner take only names and not modification times into account; maybe there's a plug-in to turn off. By default, all plug-ins are "on".
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Maybe the Recent Documents plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
              Maybe the Recent Documents plugin?
              Turning off the Recent Docs plugin led to the file not being listed at all

Currently, I'm going with
              Code:
              enabledCategories=Applications,Document,Folder,Image,Locations,Places,Plasma Desktop Shell,Recent Documents,System Settings,Terminate Applications
              from the bottom of ~/.config/krunnerrc. I also cleared history. Let's see.

All said and done, krunner is pretty nifty!
              Last edited by chimak111; Jul 16, 2017, 01:55 AM. Reason: grammar
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Here's a video on How To Exclude Folders From KDE Application Searcher. I wonder if there's something similar for krunner.
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

The same thing (baloo) is used for both. Also, there has been a gui for this in system settings for a long while now.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                    The same thing (baloo) is used for both. Also, there has been a gui for this in system settings for a long while now.
                    True! The changes I made via the krunner GUI were automatically reflected in the GUI that comes up when I double-clicked the "Search" icon in System Settings. And the GUI for excluding folders is there as well!
                    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

On the plus side, having software center included in the KRunner search results is Uber-cool Image already added
                      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

OK I'm done posting here until I can get a hold of an admin to help me get rid of this "image already added" error that now plagues my every post :/
                        Image already added
                        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                        K*Digest Blog
                        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X