This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't download theme in system settings

I try to use the system theme manage tool to download some new themes but failed.

The error is Download of "xxx" failed, error: Network unreachable.

I checked that I can access the theme homepage, store.kde.org, and used curl to verify the connection.

I am wondering how I can fix it.

Thanks for your answer.

​​​​​​​Kubuntu 22.04 is used

Most likely there is a problem on the Opendesktop website(s), including the KDE store, where all the theme items come from. It can be very flaky, unfortunately.
    Some times, manually downloading is the better solution. Full system themes are the worst, as they download a lit of separate thweme components, and one of them failing can create errors.

In some cases, this can be a bug in the download tool. If you haven't yet, you might try adding Kubuntu's Backports PPA for Plasma updates that can potentially fix this:
    https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+...untu/backports

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Adding Kubuntu's Backports PPA helps me do some further updates, but it still does not fix my trouble.

I am going to try to use Kvantum to change the theme. While it seems not friendly to me but seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuddy View Post
        I try to use the system theme manage tool to download some new themes but failed.
        What 'theme'? Global, Plasma, Colors, Icons, Cursors, Splash Screen

And then, which one (it's name)?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	theme_dl_wrong.png
Views:	138
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	663347
          Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          What 'theme'? Global, Plasma, Colors, Icons, Cursors, Splash Screen

And then, which one (it's name)?
          I tried to download "BeautyLine" (Icons), "We10XOS-dark"(Global), and "Sweet KDE" (Plasma style). But all failed.

But I can download them from store.kde.org
          Last edited by Wuddy; May 30, 2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Another finds:

Any item related to Plasma can't download. For example, widgets.

I found that when I update the source, "apt-get update", 1 error comes. (Hope that this is the core problem)

E: The repository 'https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/lyx-devel/release/ubuntu jammy Release' does not have a Release file.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuddy View Post
              E: The repository 'https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/lyx-devel/release/ubuntu jammy Release' does not have a Release file.
              This error simply means that this specific PPA does not have any packages for 22.04 (Jammy). This is unrelated to the KDE store.
              I suspect some firewall/vpn/proxy/network related issue.

I vaguely recall someone having issues like this, and it did seem to end up being specific to the country and/or the provider, but I can't find it. There are sooo many mentions of problems with the whole Opendesktop/KDE store that makes searching difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

This error simply means that this specific PPA does not have any packages for 22.04 (Jammy). This is unrelated to the KDE store.
                I suspect some firewall/vpn/proxy/network related issue.

I vaguely recall someone having issues like this, and it did seem to end up being specific to the country and/or the provider, but I can't find it. There are sooo many mentions of problems with the whole Opendesktop/KDE store that makes searching difficult.
                Very thanks for your help.

I agree that it comes from the network issue.

I will try more in this direction.

If possible, can you tell me how to find the log when I do the download action?
                Last edited by Wuddy; May 31, 2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X