Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox MXO2 Video capture device, No support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matrox MXO2 Video capture device, No support?

Last edited by claydoh; Jun 12, 2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: Duplicate post, merging...

It seems you have answered your own question. There is no Linux driver available for this legacy device.

Comment

You already posted this here:
      https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ice-no-support
      Why are you double posting? A quick search on Google tells me that this is a) a legacy device and b) there has never been any Linux support/drivers either released by the company itself or the Linux community. The card was released in 2009. I would seriously doubt there will be much interest now in writing drivers to support this device especially considering the company is not interested in supporting Linux. I would suggest you look into purchasing alternatives that are known to work with Linux or just use it in a Windows machine.

Comment

Originally posted by rab0171610 View Post
        You already posted this here:
        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ice-no-support
        Why are you double posting? A quick search on Google tells me that this is a) a legacy device and b) there has never been any Linux support/drivers either released by the company itself or the Linux community. The card was released in 2009. I would seriously doubt there will be much interest now in writing drivers to support this device especially considering the company is not interested in supporting Linux. I would suggest you look into purchasing alternatives that are known to work with Linux or just use it in a Windows machine.
        that was a question to know if has support or Not, maybe i was making a mistake, or there was some issue i could Not know,
        how could i know that after 13 years, still has No support.?
        in my mind that was unbelieable / unacceptable.

this is a request to support that HW, a bit late but still relevant & useable.

completely different issues.

You are missing the point,
        the point is to avoid electronic waste of a perfectly working equipment.
        is Not just mine, there are 1000s out there, maybe 10k, unknown, according to serial number maybe 100k. near 1Million units.

No company wants to support Linux, because all companies are owned by the same multi billion dollar corporations
        that only want 1 thing, more money.
        sell more products.

its called programed obsolecense.
        deny the right to repair.
        deny the right to own your software,
        deny the right to own your equipment,
        etc...
        read a book.

your reply sounds like you work for them.

T2 / M1 chip were invented to stop people installing Linux.
        Intel Optane also.

you are working for the wrong side.

when nobody can install Linux anymore, what are you gonna do?
        what job they have for you next?
        Last edited by JuanPC2021; Jun 12, 2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Reposting the same content in another location within the forum is not a "completely different issues in my mind'. It's a double posting, and frowned upon. Please don't do it again.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Reposting the same content in another location within the forum is not a "completely different issues in my mind'. It's a double posting, and frowned upon. Please don't do it again.

Sherlock, tell me where is the Delete Button,
            or stop asking the impossible.

i double dare you to never write "double posting" again.
            Last edited by JuanPC2021; Jun 12, 2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

instead of delete the entire planet double posts, why Not update the website to include [CLOSED] like Github?
              are you idiots or something?
              Last edited by JuanPC2021; Jun 12, 2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPC2021 View Post
                instead of delete the entire planet double posts, why Not update the website to include [CLOSED] like Github?
                are you idiots or something?
                Not the intention, seems something happened when I went to merge the two threads. Not that you'll see this.
                Apologies, fwiw.
                and Bye Felicia.

Comment

Working...
                X