This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking and wirless issue

I have recently changed my operating from unbutu to kunbutu, before I could accesses the internet and access sites. I am in a remote area and must just a hot spot wireless internet services for a unknown time, I can access the hot spot login and once I have it says I am online but no matter the site I try to access it says sever not found.

I have attempted

Sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolveconf
    Sudo service network-manager restart

rfkill list all
    Results say nothing is blocked

Iwconglfig
    Days no wireless extentions for enp7s0 or lo
    And wlp6s0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID: off any
    Mode: Managed Acsess point: not-associated tx-power=16 dBm
    Retry short limit :7 Rts thr: off Fragment thrff
    Power managementff

I had a similar problem. My computer was connected to the router but the speed was very slow. I think it was less than 5KB/s. I fixed it by going to Settings>driver manager> and selecting the proprietary driver.

I'm just telling you how I fixed mine. It may work for you. Hopefully an expert will be able to help you if my solution doesn't work.

Comment

Try this diagnostic tool and paste the output in a code box (to keep the formatting)
      wget -N -t 5 -T 10 https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && kate wireless-info.txt
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X