Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove the 'Trash' icon from my desktop in Kubunt 17.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove the 'Trash' icon from my desktop in Kubunt 17.04?

I like my desktop clean from all icons. I even hide my panel when not in use.

Wothin the new installation of Kubuntu 17.04, a trash icon is inclluded on the desktop with no method of easily removal. How do I remove the unwanted icon? Thanks! Shab

Plasma in 17.04 now defaults to having the "classic" icons-on-desktop Folder View layout.. You can't get rid of the trash can, i think. But you can switch back to the "Desktop" layout that was the previous default, which does not have one. Just right-click on the desktop, select Configure Desktop, and change the Layout setting

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      I like my desktop clean from all icons. I even hide my panel when not in use.
      Same. I got spoiled by fluxbox and openbox and have to have my most-used applications a desktop right-click away. I had to edit a pile of .desktop files to get it to work, but it looks like this - clickable screenshot below -

we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

Thanks. It worked just great. I can't see any other unwanted change. Linux spoils me. I can usually get the configuration I approve, with the help of you geniuses .

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        Plasma in 17.04 now defaults to having the "classic" icons-on-desktop Folder View layout.. You can't get rid of the trash can, i think. But you can switch back to the "Desktop" layout that was the previous default, which does not have one. Just right-click on the desktop, select Configure Desktop, and change the Layout setting

Comment

Working...
        X