Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get my computer to recognize my mouse in Kubuntu 17.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get my computer to recognize my mouse in Kubuntu 17.04?

While installing Kubuntu 17.04 a few moments ago, the mouse was recognized and functioned perfectly. After the installation, I was instructed to restart my computer. I removed the installation USB and restarted the computer. When the OS opened, I could not even find the mouse cursor. I moved the mouse all over the screen hoping that I just did not see it. The cursor is very small prior to configuring the mouse.

The reason I installed K17.04 was because my mouse is not recognized on either K16.04 or K14.04LTS.

Not having a functioning mouse makes the OS unusable. To confirm that the mouse is working, I connected it to my laptop. When installed on my laptop computer, either K16.04LTS or K14.04LTS, the mouse is recognized and works perfectly. Mouse failure is only noticed when installed on my Desktop computer.

The problem first occurred after installing an update on both K14.04LTS and K16.04LTS. It is my belief that something in the the update process has caused all three of my OS's to fail to recognize my mouse. Additionally, I checked both boxes for having updates added to the OS during the installation process of K17.04, so it makes my theory possible.

My theory occurred prior to updating my laptop, so I will wait for instruction before I do that.

I believe my problem will require the wisest of our computer guru's and would appreciate immediate help with my problem.

Thanks Shab

This is Shabakthanai. My iPhone would not charge and has completely run out of power. None of my OS's or email applications work on my Desktop PC. I am very old for the males of my family, in fact I have lived 21 years longer than any other male. I am currently in terrible pain and cannot walk. I cannot call for help. I cannot email for help. I must wait until someone sees fit to try to contact me, and they have to come to my home to do that.

I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow afternoon at 2:30PM so I will get help then. I am not too worried, but I am possibly in real trouble. I can send emails on my laptop, but I cannot receive emails.

If one of the more talented users will try to help me solve my above problem, I will be very grateful. All attempts at using google to research my problem have not produced any solutions that I am able to understand or apply. So far, all my requests are unanswered. I don't know what to do. Too many things went wrong at the same time and have left me vulnerable. Thanks for any help. Steven

Comment

Shab, if you will be home tomorrow morning, 9-ish, I'll swing by and see if I can help.

Comment

My dear friend,

I may have to go to the hospital. I have pre-arranged appointment with physical therapy, but if the pain maintains or increases, I am getting to the limit of my ability to stand it. I am hoping to find a way to be able to communicate with a nurse, to find whether I might safely increase my pain meds, or have advice that waiting a day or two is OK. It appears I am less able to withstand severe pain anymore. Being alone, it is hard to know what to do.

If I manage to stay out of the hospital, I will be sure to be at home at 9AM. If it is hospital, I will leave a message here on the forum. What a kind and generous fellow you are. It appears all my backups broke at the same time, excepting perhaps for you. And I know you are busy and could do without the problem.

GOD bless you, my friend.

Steven

Originally posted by dibl View Post
        Shab, if you will be home tomorrow morning, 9-ish, I'll swing by and see if I can help.

Comment

Working...
        X