Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Utilities] Computer does not recognize my mouse.

My computer runs 24/7. Recently the digital clock started jumping around. To fix the problem I first restarted the computer. I have a dual-boot system. Kubuntu 14.04LTS and Kubuntu 16.04LTS. I restarted and booted to each of them with the same result. The mouse was not recognized.

I installed the hard and software in my laptop to see if my mouse would work there. In my laptop, it works, and is working while I write.

I then shut the desktop completely off for 30 seconds and restarted both OS's to, again, no recognition of my mouse.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem? Shab

Is it a wired USB mouse (that plugs in to a USB port on your PC)? If, so, try plugging the mouse into a different USB port on the desktop PC.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      .... I installed the hard and software in my laptop ....
      "hard and software"
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is a wireless USB mouse this is currently working on my laptop.

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        Is it a wired USB mouse (that plugs in to a USB port on your PC)? If, so, try plugging the mouse into a different USB port on the desktop PC.

Comment

Working...
        X