This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About LTV disk encryption

I had installed Linux and encrypted the disk for security. But then something went wrong and I had to install it again. I thought I would have a lot of trouble because of the encryption but it just sailed through and overwrote everything without any issue.

So my question is, how much security does the disk encryption actually give you? Can anyone easily get past that encryption or just wipe the disk anyway?

In WIndows it couldnt be much easier to get past the log in passwords and all other security for that matter. But isnt Linux a little more secure in that? can anyone that finds my laptop access it contents no matter what I do?

Even if one uses disc encryption, "Disk encryption also will not protect you against someone simply wiping your disk."
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

About LTV disk encryption

As Snowhog said. And, if you use a bios password to prevent a disk wipe the perp, who would have to have physical access to your machine to install an ISO, would simply pop the back and short out the circuitry to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Dammit thats not fair

Thanks anyway gents

Comment

Working...
        X